Ill Fated Fables

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An engaging community of writers, gamers, role-players and fans of D&D, Anime, Fantasy, or Science Fiction.

...Welcome to Ill Fated Fables. We are currently under construction. We are looking into why signatures aren't working... ...Be sure to read the News and Announcements section and keep updated!...
Ill Fated Hearts: Check back to see information on the setting soon. IFH's first RP thread will be up soon.
DnD: Forums are now operational! Post your characters and start discussing a campaign!
Mizuki is having computer issues. He will be able to post a character in the DnD section soon, and will verify your characters when he does.

2 posters

Mecha Anime/Mecha RP Ideas

Red Oblivion
    Red Oblivion
    Admin

Mecha Anime/Mecha RP Ideas Empty Mecha Anime/Mecha RP Ideas

Post  Red Oblivion Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:31 pm

Best ones? I've been looking for inspiration for an RP on here. SUGGESTIONS???

I'd prefer to NOT get into a gundam debate at the moment so if we can sidestep that it'd be good... I am however open to ideas derived from them.
    Quasi Thunder
    Quasi Thunder

Mecha Anime/Mecha RP Ideas Empty Re: Mecha Anime/Mecha RP Ideas

Post  Quasi Thunder Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:04 pm

Well as to sidestep the ever present debate between what's his name and myself...I'll just list non-gundam related mecha that I guess the general public and myself find...very good.

Psychological
    Neon Genesis Evangelion - Justified by its existence alone
    Raxephon
    Code Geass - (which apparently is getting a 3rd season, based on other events, half exciting, half money grabbing bastards)
    Blue Gender

Fantasy
    Escaflowne

Entertaining
    Gurren Lagann

That's all I can think of off the top of my head at this moment that's non-Gundam related, and that I can see by looking to my side....

It appears as though somehow in the courses of time, giant robots and psychology got thrown together, and a magic baby was born. So...that direction seems to be the way I think you should head...or not...Fantasy is always a good'n.
    Red Oblivion
    Red Oblivion
    Admin

Post  Red Oblivion Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:12 pm

Fantasy seems to easy. And WUT a third season? Epic... maybe. Probably.

I dunno, we can't use the whole EVA "My robot is actually an alien thing that can only be piloted by psychotics."

I was thinking of using mechs more on the scale of Code Geass too, around 9 meters/30 feet and just above or below depending on the type. I like the idea of at least partially mind-based control of the machine, too, and percieved 'feedback' from damage or such... But I dunno if, besides that, there should be anything special going on. I might just recycle Metal Angels into a format anyone can play, it might actually WORK that way.

EDIT: Crap, alot of you don't know what that is. Metal Angels is a story I've worked on off-and-on for like, five years. But it's cool. Ideas though, we need them.
    Quasi Thunder
    Quasi Thunder

Post  Quasi Thunder Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:05 pm

*SPOILER ALERT*

WAS NEWTON EASY RED??? WAS IT??? OR WAS IT THE SINGLE GREATEST THOUGHT TO COME TO A WRITER IN THE 90'S. "OH MAN I CAN'T THINK OF A VILLAIN FOR MY NEW SHOW...WHAT EVER WILL I DO." THEN HIS BEST FRIEND THE PHYSICIST IS ALL LIKE, "MAN...I WISH I WAS A GENIUS LIKE ISSAC NEWTON." THEN OUR PROTAGONIST WAS ALL, "GREAT GALLOPING GENOCIDES BATMAN, NEWTON WAS THE ANSWER ALL ALONG."

That....that is all.
    Red Oblivion
    Red Oblivion
    Admin

Post  Red Oblivion Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:15 pm

So you're saying we need a steampunk setting where the works of Issac Newton have resulted in some level of anti-gravity technology in junction with the brilliant works of Nicola Tesla, so we can have towering suits of armor belching steam and firing bolts of coherent energy suspended by gravic fields. And Airships. Always airships.
    Quasi Thunder
    Quasi Thunder

Post  Quasi Thunder Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:08 am

.....yes.
    Red Oblivion
    Red Oblivion
    Admin

Post  Red Oblivion Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:34 pm

They could be done EXTREMELY well together, true... Y'know I have something that works for that kind of setting, but is original. Mecha, conspiracy, computerized EVERYTHING, not quite at 'hacking brains' level, but close, very close. It kind of mixes the style of Appleseed and GITS with a distinct flavoring of Metal Gear Solid logic to the designs. Practical, but invokes the question "How the fuck?" Alot.

Interested?

EDIT: Whoa. Dude Kenshin your post vanished. I'm posting in admin mode so I probably accidentally erased it. (Very busy right now, brain's in a million places.)

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 27, 2024 6:15 pm